Guinea Declares Ebola Outbreak With at Least 3 Deaths
Health officials in the West African nation have called on Sunday to fight a new outbreak of Ebola, with at least three deaths in the region, previously the starting point for the disease’s worst epidemic.
The Health Ministry said in a statement that three people were killed, including two women and one man. On February 7, several illnesses including diarrhea, vomiting and bleeding occurred after a nurse was involved in an autopsy in the south-east of the country.
Officials confirmed an epidemic Sunday after a laboratory found the virus in the first three samples that had been tested with patients.
Guinea’s health ministry said on Sunday, “The government assures people that all measures are being taken to prevent this epidemic as soon as possible.” In a facebook post, Adding that people should report any further symptoms to health authorities and respect hygiene and prevention measures. It also said that it would speed up delivery of vaccines to the region and open a center to deal with detected cases.
Guinea had not seen an Ebola case since 2016, when it happened The end has come The outbreak of the epidemic started in the southeastern region in 2014. Deadliest everSpread through neighboring Liberia and Sierra Leone, eventually infecting more than 28,000 people in 10 countries and killing more than 11,000 people.
As a resurgence West Africa is still battling with the coronovirus epidemic and post-Democratic Republic of Congo New Ebola cases were also found, Three months later, health officials said they had Congo’s last outbreak wiped out.
The Regional Director of the World Health Organization for Africa, Dr. Mashidiso Moeti Said on twitter on sunday She was “very concerned” with Ginny’s reports and the agency was “speeding up readiness and response efforts for a possible resurgence.”
Spreads due to exposure to bodily fluids or secretions of an infected or recently deceased person, hemorrhagic fever caused by Ebola virus An average fatality rate About half, although two vaccines are now available against it.
“We are going to rapidly deploy important assets to help in Guinea,” Dr. Georges Alfred Key-Zerbo, a representative of the World Health Organization, said the news agency Agnes France-Presse reported that the group was in contact with the manufacturer. A vaccine for dosing and fighting outbreaks.
Dr. “Arsenal is strong now, and we will take advantage of this situation as soon as possible,” said Ki-Zembo.
Anna holland Contributed to reporting.