Indonesian Navy Chief of Staff Yudo Maragano said the authority now hopes to carry out an evacuation process to recover the KRI Nangla-402 submarine and its crew.
The 53 are expected to be fading for crew members who were expected to run out of oxygen early on Saturday. So far, no sign of them has been found, Yudo said.
Some warships deployed in the Balo Sea, where the submarine was last approached on Wednesday, will be used to help find the vessel by detecting metal or magnetic objects in the water.
Yudo said the submarine was not believed to have exploded, but the heavy pressure on the ship caused a crack that saved some of the belongings.
Six pieces of debris from the submarine were presented to journalists at the news conference. The items were found about two miles from the spot where the submarine began to dive before disappearing, Yudo said, and included a bottle of grease, part of a torpedo launcher, part of a metal tube, prayer. Matt and fuel included.
The debris was found floating in a place where the sea is 850 meters (930 yards) deep, he said, which would make possible evacuation “very difficult”.
Officials said the first submarine could not survive at a depth of more than 500 meters.
People on previous missions aboard the KRI Nangla-402 submarine confirmed that some of the debris belonged to the submarine, naval staff said. The oil bottle matched what the crew would use to lubricate the submarine’s periscope.
The father of one of the missing submarines, 48-year-old Sunario, said he and his wife were shocked and saddened by the news that the debris had been found, but still hoped that the Navy could secure their son Gunar Fajar Rahmano, 28, safely. Can. And nice.
Sunario, from a small village in Yogyakarta area, said, “I still believe they can find my son. No problem, the evacuation process must continue.”
Sunario said his wife, 47-year-old Sumiyati, was disturbed and worried for her daughter-in-law, who is seven months pregnant. He said Gunady’s wife is planning to return to her hometown in Central Java because she wants to give birth at her parents’ home.
Gandi, who holds the rank of ordinary seaman, joined the Navy seven years ago and was later assigned to a submarine. He last met his parents on March 29, when Gunadi said farewell before embarking on another sailing. “I just said, be careful,” Sunario said.
She provoked the Navy not to end her search, saying she was relying on her son’s naval updates. “Gunady and all the crew should be found at all costs. He is a good son,” he said.
The crew member and wife of First Sergeant Yoko Eki Setiawan posted a message of hope on Instagram, urging her husband to “come home soon.”
“Please keep fighting and have strong love. I believe you can rise to the surface. I am waiting for the good news from you. I cannot wait to return home to you and bring you good news. Many people Praying for you. ” Fighting my love, ”said Mita Sofia.
Indonesia’s military commander Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tzhanto said in a statement that he was “deeply concerned” about the fate of the 53 crew members aboard the submarine. He said, “We are all at a great loss because of this.”
High tech capabilities
Indonesian search teams said that on Friday they had identified an area where the submarine could be located.
The area of interest is about 40 kilometers (about 25 mi) north of Bali, where oil was spotted on the surface of the water near the dive point, and an object coming from the submarine was detected, according to Major. General Achmad Raid, the chief of the Army’s Central Information Unit.
A naval vessel detected an object with “strong magnetic resonance” at depths of 50 to 100 meters (164 to 328 ft), Raid reported on Friday at a news conference, and the navy had reached the search area on Friday. Expected his warship, Rigel. .
The Rigel is equipped with sonar, which uses sound waves to detect objects, and the Navy hopes it can find the KRI Nangla-402, a German-built submarine, a military in the Bali Strait on Wednesday morning Contact was lost during practice.
More ships with high-tech capabilities also joined the search efforts on Friday, forming a search party consisting of 21 Indonesian warships, a submarine and additional ships from Indonesia’s Police and Rescue Department.
Two Australian warships have also joined the search.
Australia’s Defense Department said in a press release on Friday, “HMA ships Baylor and Serious, both currently at sea on separate field deployments, are making the best speeds for the search area.”
Rear Adm. Mark Hammond of the Australian Task Force said his thoughts were with the KRI Nangla submarine, his family and the Indonesians. “As always, we are ready to assist our fellow mariners in the Indonesian Navy,” he said.
Three C-17 aircraft were expected to depart Dover Air Force Base on Friday with watercraft and underwater search and rescue gear.