Sunday, May 9, 2021

Philippine foreign minister calls China ‘get the f ** k out’ over South China Sea dispute


Todoro Loxin’s remarks, known for blunt comments, followed Manila’s opposition to what he called the “illegal” presence of hundreds of Chinese boats inside the Philippines’ 200-mile Special Economic Zone (EEZ).

“China, my friend, how politely can I put it? Let me see … o … Get the f ** k oat,” Lokasin tweeted on his personal account.

“What are you doing for our friendship? You. Not us. We’re trying. You. You’re like an ugly oaf, who forces a handsome boy to focus his attention on a friend Wants to be; not a father in a Chinese province. ”Said Loksein.

China’s embassy in Manila did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Chinese officials have previously said Ships in disputed whatsun reef The fishing boats were taking refuge from the rough seas.

In response to a request for comment, a US State Department spokesman reiterated the statement of Secretary of State Antony Blinken on March 28 that the US stands with our ally, the Philippines, under pressure from the Marit militia in the south (of China). China Sea. “

“As we have previously stated, an armed attack against the Philippine Armed Forces, public ships or aircraft in the Pacific, including the South China Sea, will trigger our obligations under the US-Philippines Mutual Defense Treaty,” the spokesman said.

China claims almost the entire South China Sea, through which approximately $ 3 trillion of shipborne trade passes each year. In 2016, an arbitration tribunal in The Hague claimed that was inconsistent with international law.

Analysis: Beijing has a navy that doesn't accept it, doesn't even exist, experts say

In a statement on Monday, the Philippine Foreign Ministry accused China’s coast guard of “shading, intercepting, dangerous maneuvers and radio challenges of the Philippines’ coast guard ships”.

On Sunday, the Philippines vowed to continue maritime exercises in its South China Sea EEZ in response to a Chinese demand that it would halt actions that said it could escalate disputes.

As of April 26, the Philippines had recorded 78 diplomatic protests in China, as President Rodrigo Duterte took office in 2016 at the Foreign Ministry data show.

“Our statements are very strong because of the number, frequency, and more concise nature of the proximity,” said Mary Yvette Banjon-Abalos, executive director of strategic communications at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

For the most part Duterte has forged warm relations with China in exchange for Beijing’s promises of billions of dollars in investment, aid and loans.

Dutte said in a weekly national address, “China remains friendly to us. Just because our confrontation with China does not mean that we should be rude and abusive.”

“So, please just allow our fishermen to fish in peace and there is no reason for trouble,” Duterte said while addressing China.

.



Source link

Translate »